Friday, March 7, 2014

In like a lion

Shortly after I posted on 2/23 I came down with an awful stomach virus that thankfully lasted only about 24 hours.  I had nastiness coming out of both ends and spent my day off in bed sleeping after being awake most of the night. Sammy and Sally's vet appointment had to be rescheduled to the following Friday since there was no way I was going to make it.  Of course this was the day the nurse called to take all my medical history for surgery too. At least I was available to take her call I guess!  My tummy finally started feeling normal from this illness this week - just in time for surgery.   


That Friday John helped me take Sammy and Sally to the vet for shots and a check up.  The travel was of course traumatic for them but they were good at the actual appointment.  We talked to the vet about what to do when we decide to introduce them to Abby (John's cat) and got some advice about a behavioral problem that seems to be working great.  $150 layer we were out the door and back home.  Most of out plans for that weekend were in Sunday and it iced and snowed (again!) so they all got cancelled.  Which was really ok with me as I still felt kinda crappy from the stomach thing earlier in the week.  We did manage to get to the grocery store before everything hit this time though.  Look at us learning and stuff.  :).  We worked for 3 days then it was surgery day for me.  Went by pretty fast!  

0 comments: